Here are a few candles made by me...
Candle making is a highly relaxing pasttime
and a great stress buster too...
To make these candles you need the following things...
- Paraffin wax
- Candle mould(available in craft stores)
- Coconut oil
- Wax colors (you can even use wax crayons)
- Vessel for melting the wax
- Mseal or chappati dough
- A pencil or stick
- Oil the inside it the candle mould
- Melt the wax till it becomes clear and watery( do not let it smoke)
- Add the desired wax colors.Mix well.
- Dip the wick in the wax . Cool. Thread it through the hole in the mould.Hold it in position .
- Seal the hole through which the wick is threaded with some Mseal or even chappati dough (Seal properly or melted wax will pour out through it)
- Pour the wax into the mould..
- Hold the wick in the center position with the help of a pencil(Tie one end of of the wick to a pencil or stick.When the wax sets,the wick will be in the center)
- Leave it undisturbed for 6 hours to set.
- Unmould carefully.(If needed dip the mould in warm water)
- Your candle is now ready!