Followers

Dec 28, 2011

I failed recognize HER all these times...




  1. This evening ,my husband and I were out on a drive ...to nowhere in particular... 
    just pick up a few things from a store...and maybe to a temple and -if in a mood,eat out...
             "Not to a temple" I said -because my feet were really sore and I was a bit tired. 
    "Eating out ?" again I was diffident as we had started out quite late...and I did not want to
    wait for a table...
           
           Almost from near our house-we were intermittently stopped by noisy and crowded  
    processions of Ammans....honking vehicles...self styled samaritans turned traffic cops.. . 
    balloon walas and flower sellers...
               
                    Oh...Aadi !I thought... 


              at one place we were jolted by 10,000 walas....


              another place  -a noisy  ,off key orchestra blocking the road....
          Again-it was a procession of Kavadis and devotees with ALAGUS pierced thro their 
    cheeks....followed by a decorated Goddess.
                      I found the sight appalling and the ritual -barbaric...to put it mildly...
             "We chose the wrong day to drive ...."we complained...
    And we were almost back home as we chatted about the mentality of the mobs,etc...etc...
    Almost on reaching home,I said...We have seen more than 6 Ammans today!

           Then ...I pondered...

            Had I gone to a temple ...I would have stood at the Sannadi to have Her   
    darshan,just for a few minutes ,in one place...
             
            Here she is right before me not once but 1/2 a dozen times(did I count properly?)
              and I failed to recognize her...but recognised the crowd,noise,unruliness etc...

             Like this,in many a times ,we miss many good things in life when our mind is not open   but only our eyes are...  

No comments:

Post a Comment