I know we all have different shades from dark to light in us...

Only we mask the darker side of us from others...

But -when it comes out unexpectedly...you shock others rudely and your image crumbles ....

Such an incident happened a few days back...

My neighbors...the couple are retired professors...soft spoken,refined,
decent neighbors...

I love to admire her relaxed ways...

Walking her cute pomeranians-3 of them...in our road morning and evening...

I always see her maintaining her pretty terrace garden(filled with blooming pots) with her pets in tow ...

She always carries atleastone of her babies(poms) at all times...

When I once went to her Navratri golu....I was squirming nervously as her dearies strolled all arounf the hall and "golu padis"...and sniffing me and other guests now and then...

Fine-her house-her dogs....

Few days back...early in the morning ,I was woken up by mad barkings and cries of help from a kid...

I rushed out to see what was happening...

A poor paper boy ,hardly 12 years old, was scared out of his wits when one of the poms decided to give him a chase for no apparent reason...and the other two joined him!!!!

One was on leash whereas two were free...

"Keep quite...dont scream you Muttal(fool) "she chided...

NOT the barking dearies but the trembling boy...

"How many times have I told you not to run and make him angry....dont you know he wont bite?The more you run,the more he will shout,I have told you many times..."she snapped....

Dogs went inside their compound with her husband ...

"Maaa...the dogs tore the papers... they are soiled and wasted..."he lamented...

"OK daa...I'll give you money..."she said as she inspected the muddy torn papers...a bunch of 10-12 newspapers....

I thought "atleast she is making good for the loss..."

Then she said...
Only the corner is torn,only some are torn...who asked you to throw them at the dog and run away...it is your fault...."it went on as she haggled ...

and her husband was totally cool ...as if what she is doing is normal....

I least expected her to be so rude and kanjoosi to that poor boy...

Even if she was not good enough to console the poor kid,she could have atleast paid for the damaged papers for which the boy will be penalised without harrassing him further...

This dark side of her -and her husband too(well he could have intervened )
was a shocker to me...

Their refined...soft -image crumbled right before me...

I found her other side to be defintely ugly!