Followers

May 28, 2012

BUTTERFLIES- CROSS STITCH...MY 150th POST







This post is something special to me...

When I started blogging 6 months back

I never knew I would find it so engrossing...

and I never thought I would make so many posts

in a matter of 6 months...

I wish to take this oppurtunity to thank my

fellow blogger friends 

whose feed backs and encouragement keep me going...



Now,coming to this post ...

Firstly ,let me tell you one thing....

This is not my work....

and it has an interesting story which

 I wish to share with you all-

Some years back,there was a slogan contest in a

neighboring supermarket...

and I participated enthusiastically...

and the results were announced....

I did manage to get a consolation prize too!

But the supermarket guys were really elusive...

I made endless phone calls and visits in person too

to inquire about  the "Prize"...

and at last, it did arrive after nearly 4 long months'wait.

And, when I opened the gift wrapped hamper,

I found two pista green  towels ...

they had a white runners attached to one end

and it had some printed designs and a set of threads

 and needles and an instruction sheet too...

But,somehow I never managed to sit down and work on it...

and in the course of time,I even forgot about it and 

it was lying in some corner of my cupboard...

Once,while spring cleaning my cupboard,

my Mother rediscovered it and chided me for 

letting it go uncared for! 

"I have better use for it"  she declared 

when I happily passed it on to her...

with voluntary suggestions that it will make a 

pair of handy face towels....

And I forgot it!

When I visited my Mother after some months,

I was surprised to see the towels neatly embroidered...

It was covering her favorite 3 in 1 music system!

I was astonished by Amma's nimble fingers and

incredible patience at this age...

"It is simple ..."she said...

"Everyday,I spent some 15 minutes to embroider

and this work was ready in a month or so..."She smiled...

And,fondly stroked the cute and dainty butterflies....

Now ,these towels have become the greatest gift 

and my prized possession too...








12 comments:

  1. தங்களின் 150 ஆவது பதிவுக்கு
    என் மனமார்ந்த வாழ்த்துகளும்
    பாராட்டுக்களும். ;)))))

    மிக்க மகிழ்ச்சியாக உள்ளது.

    ReplyDelete
  2. பட்டாம்பூச்சி டிசைனில் செய்துள்ள கைவேலைகள், தையல் வேலைகள் நல்லாயிருக்கு. பாராட்டுக்கள்.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats for writing so many posts in just 6 months time, no wonder your blog is listed by top blogs by indian site. Great story for the butterflies :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. உங்களுடைய 150-வது பதிவுக்கு என்னுடை வாழ்த்துக்கள் அக்கா...

    வண்ணத்துப்பூச்சிகளின் தையல் வேலை மிகவும் அற்புத அக்கா....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thangal manamaarndha paaraatukkum vaazhthugalukkum nandri,VGK Sir...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx for your appreciation and comments,Akshaya...

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats Usha on 150th post !!!

    ReplyDelete