Followers

Jan 5, 2012

Distant Mountains....My Oil Painting...

     

Here is my favorite oil painting 

which I painted more than 15 years ago...

The inspiration for this painting is 

an art book by Walter Foster...

It is done on a fairly big canvas (3 feet x 4 feet)...

I would call this a simple to handle 

yet strikingly attractive landscape...

At least half a dozen students of mine have done

 replicas of this piece and I am surprised to say

 each one is entirely unique with 

some different touch or feature...

The distant blue mountains... the conifers...

the lonely log cabin...

the rough and unkempt grass...

the fence that needs mending...

the forked path...

where do they take you?

to that old log cabin ?

or the faraway hills???

Sometimes,when I aimlessly gaze at this painting,

I temporarily get transported

to this cool,beautiful,clean,unpolluted part of our planet

a far cry from the dusty,noisy,

smog-filled concrete jungle I live in...
                

              

No comments:

Post a Comment