To grow a bonsai tree takes years and years of painstaking ,patient work....
This Handmade Bonsai is an imitation of the real one...
And it just takes a few hours' of imaginative,creative effort....
- Pliable steel wire bits
- Tissue paper
- Flower making wire with green gum tape wrapped on them
- Plaster of paris
- Acrylic paints in brown and yellow ocher shades
- Flower making wires wrapped with green colored gum tape.
- A suitable base/holder (I used anartistically shaped coconut shell which was sold in an exhibition for just Rs.5)
- Cut steel wires into 3 -4 inch bits to shape the branches.
- Cut a few longer bits to shape the trunk of the tree.
- Cut the green wires into 1 1/2 to2 inch bits. Tie 8-10 bits aroun the tip of a steel wire
- Wrap tissue paper soaked in diluted glue around the wires and shape the branches.
- Run a thread around each bit and fasten it well.
- Similarly use more tissue papers and make a thicker trunk.
- Let them dry for a day.
- Bend them to your desired shapes.
- Shape the green wires to resemble some spiky tree leaves.
- Arrange the branches on the trunk and secure them with thread and glue.
- Mix the Plaster of paris with enough water .
- Pour some into the base and set the trunk in it .Let the Plaster of Paris harden well.
- Mix more plaster of paris and apply it on the trunk ,base and branches roughly so it resembles a tree.
- Let it dry well.
- Paint it with acrylic colors .
The Bonsai is ready for display!